Saturday, July 11, 2009

Shout Out to Sally Roseveare

My fellow Lake Writer, Sally Roseveare, is publishing her second Smith Mountain Lake Mystery next week!!! I was at her house two weeks ago when the last proof copy came in. Imagine two mature (all right, immature) women fairly dancing around her living room.

The book, SECRETS AT SWEETWATER COVE, is fantastic. It includes the same characters as her first book, SECRETS AT SPAWNING RUN. For those of us who live at Smith Mountain Lake, it's like a tour of local places with a whole lot of mystery and danger thrown in. Aurora Harris, the protagonist of the first book, once again has to solve a mystery and save innocent people. But she doesn't do it alone. She has King, her resourceful black Lab, and Little Guy, a neighbor's intrepid Jack Russell terrier, to help.

If you are looking for something wonderful to read on the dock this summer, I strongly recommend both. I was honored to read the advanced copy and will definitely be at Sally's first public reading.

Again, shameless promotion. Buy the book. You'll get hooked on the characters.

4 comments:

  1. Betsy, thanks a million for your blog about Secrets at Sweetwater Cove! And I'm so glad I had someone to be excited with me when my book arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally's new book really is something to shout about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.k. this is the second shout out about this book that I've read today, and I WANT TO READ IT! I've heard it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dance away! Finishing and publishing a book is a great accomplishment and should be celebrated. Congratulations Sally.

    ReplyDelete