Sunday, June 21, 2009

More Thoughts on Writing

Last week, I went to a discussion on short writing by Kurt Rheinheimer, author of Little Criminals. Kurt led a discussion on how he writes his successful short fiction. He gave a good definition of life as a writer: "Writing is like losing weight and keeping it off. You have to work at every day."

He's write, er, right. Time for me to get back to editing and rewriting. I made my deadlines for getting my articles ready for the local papers and now can spend several hours on my own stuff.

Oh yes, and not overeat. I need to lose 10 more pounds. . . .

2 comments:

  1. That was a good discussion - I enjoyed it. I was so nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed meeting you, too, Amy. I hope we'll see each other again in the near future.

    ReplyDelete